Wednesday, March 09, 2005

spinning again

After three months or so, I finally was able to attend our monthly spinning group meeting. Yesterday, I nearly agreed to work a shift at my paying job, realizing just in time that I could not. My spinning group is important to me.

I really enjoyed practicing woolen/long-draw spinning and comparing it to worsted spinning...

And then there is the post office! I did pay for 30 days of mail-forwarding from my old address--in case there was someone I forgot to notify that I've moved -- you know? Not one piece of mail has been forwarded to me here thus far by the post office with their tell-tale yellow forwarding stickers, not one! Mail has been sent to my old address, which my former landlady kindly brought to my paying workplace for me. So...Canada Post, please explain? What exactly did my $30 plus tax pay for? I will be, receipt in hand, at the local post office tomorrow to find out, ok?

An error has been made. I had been thinking that the red-bellied woodpeckers who come to our feeders were flickers. Wrong. What a funny name for woodpeckers who actually have a very vividly red head, vs belly! Anyhow, as far as I can tell, according to my bird-book, I have been wrong, as I said.

Granddaughter came to dinner on Sunday with her mom and dad. She did a little walkabout, finger pointing: "That is yours, Gramma, from you old house, that is yours, and I remember that too, Gramma." Later, when she asked if she could play with one of my teddy-bears, I remembered that I could take Cleo (my teddybears are named) out of the box I had opened the other day, leaving it unpacked in my workroom. "No, George," Granddaughter corrected. "But I don't know where George is," I said. Granddaughter knew. She had noticed poor George tucked into a deep,dark corner of a closet in my bedroom! So with her own Teddy Bear who goes everywhere with her, Granddaughter had tea for the all four of them.

I find it amazing how children notice everything, observing, looking, watching and learning all the time, like bottomless knowledge sponges! That is a confusing mixed-metaphor thingy, but I can't think of anything better at the moment...

Need to eat something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home