Saturday, March 11, 2006

what a difference a day makes

Yesterday was a gloomy, damp, drizzly day. I couldn't seem to get much done. Burying myself under my quilt, I read Isabel Allende's, Portrait in Sepia and watched an old black-and-white movie, Anna Karenina, with Vivien Leigh and Ralph Richardson, on video. The good old library to my rescue, eh?

In contrast, this is today. The snow and ice are melting fast, revealing all sorts of grossness (ie. dog-doo-doo) as they melt away. (Notice I adroitly I avoided showing you that stuff?) The good news is that the melting is also revealing some small tips of growing stuff: my bulbs planted at the east side of the house by the "back door" are coming up. Some of the perennials came through the winter quite well and already green, are just waiting to shake off the rest of the snow to grow in earnest.

Since I had trouble focusing on the wee tips of the bulbs coming up, you'll just have to trust me and enjoy this Hellebore instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home