Saturday, September 30, 2006

about men...

Couple of observations that have me puzzling....

Seems younger men these days enjoy going out with much older women, while older men tend to seek out much younger women. Generalizations are never safe, but, what's that all about?

Seems the most important criterion for men seeking women is proximity, within a radius of 50 miles or less! Could I have fun with that one!

Men often claim their "interests" are moonlit walks on the beach, cuddling, long conversations while sharing a good bottle of wine....Yeah, right! Pretty funny.

3 Comments:

Blogger OldRoses said...

I agree wholeheartedly! None of my (married) friends can understand why I can't find an age-appropriate man to date. I'm sending them all a link to your post so that they see I'm not the only one who feels this way. Thanks!

4:36 p.m.  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

So when your countryman Red Green says "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy", there should be a corollary about finding women close at hand?

Maybe they're just being practical, because when they get older, many men can no longer drive at night.

Annie

2:01 p.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

ha ha. Glad I'm not the only one bewildered by men -- and I have three brothers! Oldroses, I'd actually date younger men, if they didn't live in such a fantasy world about older women! And Annie, I love Red Green; but practical? Well, I find men who can't travel a little distance are either stick-in-the-muds or very short sigted! I know men who complain all the time how hard it is to find women -- because it's too much bother to turn off the TV and leave the house! As for driving in the dark, way too many men overestimate their abilities or lie about driving in the dark and other things ;)

7:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home