Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Snow and laundry on the line

Saturday and Sunday were sunny and mild. I almost thought I should try to get those garlic and tulip bulbs into the ground, but because I had to go into town to work in the afternoon, I ended up deciding against any gardening efforts. I might have to pop those bulbs into pots and tuck them into the unheated "summer kitchen" part of my house.

Monday, I woke to snow on the ground. It was still fairly mild, so the a lot of the snow melted wherever the sun warmed the ground. I did a couple of drawings and spun up a lot of the wool I had here, some of it in pencil-rovings.

My spinning is still very uneven, lumpy and bumpy stuff when I'm spinning from anything other than the pencil rovings. I managed to ply most of it as well, and the results of such uneven spinning is lots of "novelty yarn." I'm thinking of dying some of that yarn blue from the copper/ammonia bath we prepared last spring at my spinning group. I had better look up the directions before I begin that adventure, however. I will probably have to leave that for the weekend, when I might have more free time.

Today dawned sunny and colder, with some frozen snow/pellets lying about. Since the house was getting quite unbearable, I spent a bit of time cleaning, sweeping, mopping, dusting, dishes... I did get one load of laundry out on the line in the afternoon, but darkness came before it was completely dry.

It is fun to take frozen stiff clothes off the line, but I was disappointed to have to finish drying them in the dryer. I much prefer the smell of clothes dried out on the line in fresh air and sunshine.

I did a couple more drawings today, including a souvenir of my trip to Toronto with Fiona to the Sarah Brightman concert. I have been colouring most of the drawings I have done with watercolours.

Molly ( my bulldog puppy) is still making mistakes and it is hard for me to be patient with her. I have to keep reminding myself, that when I got Misty,(a beagle/mutt) she was fully grown and untrained. Now Misty is quite good, so I know, eventually, Molly will be good too. In the meantime, Molly's daily mistake or two add my state of disgust when I also have to contemplate the weird dining predilections of my girls--they repeatedly sneak out to snack on used kitty-litter. Anybody else have that problem?

I have never found a workable solution to this with any of the dogs & cats I have had over the years. I have pondered whether or not a trap door of some kind, one that the cats can use but the dogs can't, would work. But I'm afraid that the beagle, who is quite agile, could probably get herself through a trap door built for cats! Anybody else have any ideas??

Well, I'm slowly finishing up that laundry.

Current Mood: productive
Current Music: Edvard Grieg: 'Morning' from Peer Gynt. Op.23

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home