Tuesday, September 13, 2005

at the gas station

No, this story is not about the high prices of gas. Although I should say my intuition tells me again a lack of leadership in certain places is allowing a few to gouge the population without care for the general interests of the public or care for the environment. Vision is needed to make environmentally friendly energy easily accessible and to ensure that everybody has a fair crack at living a decent life. The gap continues to widen between the rich and the poor.

Sorry, I got distracted. The real story is this.

I go pretty regularly to a gas station manned by several gentlemen from Ethiopia and Eritrea. By their accent etc. I suspected that 's where they were pretty recently from, so we have gotten to talking. I told a couple of them my story about the coyotes and my memories of hyenas, and one of them said there is a man in Ethiopia who feeds hyenas.

Of course I had to look him up. Here it is, a photo of a man feeding a hyena. And here is a story about him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home