Saturday, December 31, 2005

frustrations

Because of the recurrence of my neck pain, I was able to join my oldest daughter and family for Christmas. Granddaughter, of course, was fun to watch with wildly differing reactions to gifts of clothing vs toys. Son-in-law cooked most of an excellent dinner, the traditional delicious stuff. His parents and grandparents were there, as well as my house-mate, Ann. My youngest daughter was there too, joined later by her boyfriend. And son-in-law's sister and boyfriend briefly came by late in the evening.

The only one missing in action was my son. I'm not sure exactly what is going on in his life at this moment, but I have a feeling he is having a bit of a hard time. Sadly, he does not seem to realize that he does not have to be alone or feel alone. We have tried to reach him, but he is not easy to reach. I spoke with stepmom who said she would be seeing him on Christmas Day. She promised to tell him to call us....

I suspect I will have to physically go to his apartment soon and ambush him! No kidding! A mother will not give up easily. He's stuck with me for life!

The rest of the holiday period I have spent pretty quietly here at home, reading, writing, spinning, knitting, trying to find relief from my neck pain. I am a little frightened, because of course, I can send my imagination into big-time over-the-edge thinking-the-worst stuff. But most of the time, I can persuade myself that, as I have before, eventually, I will be able to get rid of the pain again. It just might take a bit of time, that's all. Does put a huge crimp into the finances though, as I have not been able to get to my paying job at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home