Friday, December 23, 2005

fibre stuff

It is so satisfying to make something with your hands. So often, much of our efforts seems to produce nothing (especially all the worrying I do!), or at least, nothing concrete. For example, I seem to spend a lot of time at my paying job talking, talking, talking. I know what I'm doing is informing, supportive, etc., but it's such a contrast to the results I can hold in my hands when I've finished playing with some of my fibre stuff.

Here is some of the wool rovings I received from Michelle (thankyou!!) :
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

which I spun into this:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Out of the stuff I spun above, I am making a pillow-cover that looks like this:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It will be a present for one of my daughters. So please, shhhhhhh! Don't tell them! Of course, if they are eaves-dropping on our conversation (they know I keep this on-line journal), ooops!

This knitting project was made out of some purchased yarn, the black is a lovely alpaca/wool blend, the salt-and-pepper, an acrylic yarn. This hat and scarf is also a present for one of my daughters, so again, shhhhh. It's a surprise.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home