Tuesday, August 08, 2006

visitors

Since this photo was taken through the screen of the window of my office, it is rather hazy. But maybe you can see the hummingbird hovering just to the left of the geranium? Later, a grasshopper landed with a thunk on the window but flew off before I could get the camera out again.

I love these hot August afternoons. There isn't a breath of wind. The corn in the field to the south has become an impressive wall.

I think I need to go out there and sit in the sun for a while, soak up some of that sun, listen to the cicadas buzzing in the trees. I'll want to remember this heat come winter.


I picked a cup or two of the hops flowers for tea.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

That's a little lady hummer.
She looks like a Ruby-throated hummers.

Isn't it grand when they come to call?
Such a thrill.

5:21 p.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

Yes, I've discovered some of the hidden benefits of the window in what used to be Ann's office...

6:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home