Thursday, September 14, 2006

the sows


I guess they are not really purple, are they? My tricky memory mixed them up with the purple trim on the green paint job of this popular restaurant/watering hole in town, the "Cow and Sow". These wild paint colours bring me fond memories of Newfoundland. I lived near and worked in St. John's from the mid 70's to the mid 80's, with it's colourful wooden houses, and lively street scenes, that are still to be found, thank-goodness. If you drive straight through Fenelon Falls, you miss seeing these pigs in the window facing the side street. Now, you can say you did see them!

2 Comments:

Blogger clairesgarden said...

nice to see them, the things you miss when you are dirivng.
I love the picture of the octagonal church, it looks very pagan to me, not sure they would apprciate my view though.

1:17 p.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

I know very little about the group or traditions that might worship in the Sturgeon Point Union Church. Maybe they did build this as an octagonal church out of some awareness of a symbolism, maybe not. Needless to say, most of the beloved symbols of the "christian" religions derive from the icons of pagan cultures. That's often the most delicious joke in my mind whenever I encounter a rabid fundamentalist christian ;)

10:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home