Sunday, July 08, 2007

veggies & herbs (& weeds)

santolina with potatoes in the background

Apothecary rose
bee balm, Monarda 'Cambridge Scarlet', white Asiatic lily, apothecary rose, lavender by back step under my clothes line

monarda 'Cambridge Scarlet': a candidate for the Red Hat Society!!

lovage in bloom
weeds, weeds and more weeds, broccoli and feverfew

leeks in flower, hollyhocks, fleabane, thistle, lavender, raspberry bushes and more fleabane

Guess what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow??

tomatoes, weeds, lavender, chervil, leeks, feverfew, brussel sprouts, ox-eye daisies
hmmnnn, what's visible: tomato, lavender, bronze fennel, (weeds), brussel sprouts, leeks, beans, feverfew, and way, way in the back, salad burnet and golden rod.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I have all similar blooms in my garden. Don't you just love the scent from the lavender as you brush past it. I've been pulling/trimming some lemon balm this afternoon and enjoyed the lovely aroma.

2:44 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

More like the red dreadlocks society! :)

The bronze fennel is a bit weedy, but I like it anyway. The one thing I hate is that the babies blend in so well with my fine-textured mulch that they are often at least 6 inches tall before I notice the darn things. But it's hard to complain when pulling weeds that smell yummy.

10:14 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, I like herbs, wild too.

5:44 a.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

crafty gardener, you reminded me I had better cut some lemon balm to dry before it all goes to seed!!

Kim, I often don't realize I have pulled a wanted plant's seedlings instead of a week until I smell the fragrance on my hands...No worries, though. Like bronze fennel, many wanted plants are also prolific at throwing seeds around!

Hannele, do you collect herbs from the wild too? I often collect red clover, linden flowers, nettle and the like from the wild.

12:58 p.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

Sorry, Kim. I think I deleted your comment about the Monarda Red Hat Society by mistake. Could you re-send it?

1:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home