Monday, February 14, 2005

back to normal

I'm whining again, wondering when things are going to get back to normal, remembering of course, that normal is just a setting on the washing machine.

Trying to unpack is more complicated than packing was, and there is the added pressure of trying to remember where those important papers that you did plan to keep close at hand have ended up.

Snatching an hour here and an hour there between shifts at my paying job do not give the continuity I think I need. Mind you, I do have to remember not to over-do it, exercising muscles to fatigue that have not been used for a while in just that manner. Or, I might end up having another panic attack about dying, when all I have is muscle strain.

My walk today was warmer than I expected. There was a blustery wind that started last night and into this morning. There has been some freezing rain that I will have to scrape off the car before I get going this afternoon. So, without really looking at the temperature, I over-dressed and came back from my walk down the lane a little over-heated.

There are a lot of the smaller house finches etc at the bird feeders this morning. Does that mean an impending storm?

Granddaughter has been sick on&off with a cold. She was very afraid when one evening about 2 weeks ago, she vomited. Having no recall of vomiting, she asked, "Mommy, what's that??" She was also worried that she had made a mess on the kitchen floor. When Mommy informed her that when Mommy was a little girl whenever she vomited, that she had always vomited in her bed, Granddaughter was very relieved! After all a mess in your bed is harder to clean up than a mess on the kitchen floor, isn't it?

Maybe it is not the same cold, but a new infection caught at the baby-sitters, but Granddaughter doesn't seem to be taking it too hard. A day or so with a high fever and lethargy, then back to her bouncy talkative self. Even on the lethargic day, she had to rouse herself suddenly once just to tell Mommy that Yesterday, She and Her Best Friend Sadie Were Twins Because They Both Wore Pink!

I must say, I don't miss the strain of being a Mommy. Being a Gramma is just fine, thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home