Thursday, June 02, 2005

tired and burnt! but content

What a wonderful day. The weather was positively balmy--I don't really how balmy, but balmy enough that most of the bugs didn't bother to come out as they did all weekend. On the weekend, with the weather so changeable, one minute it was sunny and warm, the next, a big cloud would cool things off in a huge way, it often rained a little, and during those cool spells, the bugs were terrible!

As I often do, on the first day in a long while of really warm weather, I over-indulged. At the time, it felt wonderful to have the sun warming my shoulders as I happily dug away in the garden, getting positively grimy and dusty in the process. (some lily-of-the-valley, anyone? I've got lots extra!) But now, I realize I got just a little burned out there in that happy sunshine. Greed for these sunny days gets me every time, as if I'm afraid I might never see another sunny day again if I don't take full advantage of this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home