Tuesday, May 03, 2005

More pics from the UBC Botanical Gardens'

My visit in April, 2005:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now, this is true colour. I saw a bouquet of artificially coloured flowers delivered to someone at work the other day, a blue that was horrible! I re-learned recently, from an expert fibre artist who often uses natural materials to dye her fibres, that naturally dyed colours are always easy to combine or match: any colour goes with any colour, as long as the dyes are from plant/natural materials. Matching artificially/commercially dyed fibres is much more challenging.

How's that for an opinionated rant?

1 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

I am not sure that was much of a "rant" really but it was interesting.

I agree that color coordination has never been a big problem for my garden. My first garden was all blues and purples but I was a novice. Now I just do my own thing and it's ok.

Funny how I have no style in clothes but the garden looks GREAT !

Explains why there are gran-imals in clothes but not plants.

7:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home