Thursday, April 14, 2005

garden visits and encounters

Today, Dad drove me to Southlands Nurseries, first. Naturally, it was in the very first few seconds there that I spied Thomas Hobbs himself, talking to a customer. My normal shyness overcame me, but now I regret that I did not at least talk to him to tell him how much I admire his books. His garden has been featured in gardening magazines as well. Ah me...

Then we went to the UBC Botanical Gardens. I tried to photograph minute little flowers in bloom mostly in the Alpine gardens, although I think I did photograph a few rhododendron as well. As we were leaving, I was thrilled to see David Tarrant with a lady who said she was visiting from Winnipeg. Of course, I am never satisfied. Now, I am wishing I had asked them both a million more questions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home