Monday, April 11, 2005

sunshine, breezes and crocus in bloom

Finally, finally, this afternoon I was able to spend a few hours uncovering the secrets hidden under the leaves in part of the yard. On the weekend, I was just a little jealous as Ann had some time to do a bit of raking and she had uncovered some crocus in bloom in our back yard.

There are tantalizing tips of green everywhere: iris, daylilies, grape hyacinth, hosta, shasta daisies?, primrose, ajuga, artemisia.

I threw a couple of loads of laundry out onto the line to dry -- for my first time this season! They dried in a snap in the sun and the cool breeze while I raked happily away, taking uncounted wheelbarrow-fuls of oak,maple, beech leaves to the compost mound at the bottom of our garden. I was able to uncover more daylilies, daffodils, ?mint --I hope not!

I might have gotten a little pink from sun exposure on winter-white skin on my face -- oh dear. I'm a little sore too, but it's soooo satisfying to tidy up the garden and see what has been hiding under the leaves!

Then, after supper, when I put the laundry away, it smelled so of sunshine! I love clothes hung out on the line to dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home