Monday, April 04, 2005

messy workrooms

About a week ago, Ann and I had company for dinner. Ann decided to show them around. They did have a personal interest in the history of the house, so it made sense.

But! They peeked into my bedroom. The air in there was stale with the smell of wet dog or dirty socks -- take your pick, and you wouldn't be wrong! Then they peeked into my workroom!

Oh, it's alright, they said, workrooms are supposed to be messy. So messy that you can't get anything done in there because there is so much stuff stacked up on the work table?? That messy? So messy that you can barely walk around in there to reach books, supplies, tools?? That messy?

OhyesIforgot. I wasn't wearing my elastic-band to remind me to be positive yet; we had not started our game yet when they visited. And I chose not to wear it all week-end. But I didn't need the elastic band to remember to try to keep positive. My mind does bend toward the negative so easily. Keep pulling it back...

On the positive side of the tally: I raked piles of debris, branches, dead leaves off the island in the driveway, on Friday. I unpacked seven (7) boxes of stuff, put the stuff away, broke down the boxes and prepared them for recycling on garbage day. I made some calls to get my data updated with OHIP and with AirMilesCanada. I did my laundry and put it away. I took the compost out to the compost pile. I kept the snow shoveled off the deck by the side-door which tends to leak into the basement via the outside access to the basement when it rains/melts. I found the legal documents that I will need to apply for a new passport. I took more cuttings of the coleus. I cleaned out the pots from the greenhouse to make way for our plants! I hung and got my own grow-light working. I got the heater in the propagating box and existing grow-light working. I watered my plants, monitored the temperature in the greenhouse and checked on the progress of the seeds I have planted in there.

There, that's not a bad list of accomplishments!

I started some cool-loving lettuces and salad greens, as well as some herbs and flowers: lavender, nicotiana, cosmos...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home