Monday, July 11, 2005

body snatchers!

I received a division of what I thought was a variegated Miscanthus last fall. I tried to baby it through the winter indoors in a pot and thought it had survived. I planted it out this spring with great hopes.

Hah! The variegated grass has disappeared, and in its place is the sedge-like grass that is found all over the vege garden when I'm weeding on hands and knees. It's a lovely green but seems to spreading out like crazy and taking over! Curses! Curses! Curses! I'll have to root it out and try to find the grass I want or something to plant in it's place--something not so busy spreading out as the spot is rather far into the back of the bed and harder to reach. Or maybe it should be a tough customer to compete with the hydrangea next to it??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home