Tuesday, September 27, 2005

skunk and dog

Uh-oh! Molly came in this evening smelling decidedly of skunk. After supper, I let her off her leash and she stayed by me most of the time that I was finishing up the re-potting of tender plants off the deck -- or so I thought.

So. De-skunking the dog solutions? I'll let you know if it works.

Why is it always Molly who seems to get into trouble? Is it because Molly is very sweet, very stubborn and not very bright? Or is it because she is only 1 year old (seven in doggie years)?

It was very nearly Porcupine Episode #7 on Saturday evening. On my walk around the meadows, Molly rousted a porcupine. If she had been quieter (huff, snort, huff, snort) and faster, no doubt the porcupine would have lost the race to the big old maple and I would have been able to add to my collection of quills a la Molly...thank goodness she was a little slow this time!

3 Comments:

Blogger Patry Francis said...

Tomato juice?

12:26 a.m.  
Blogger Lené Gary said...

The peroxide mixture has worked well for my lab, who happens to LOVE skunks. :( Oh my.

Good luck!

10:52 a.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

I will try the peroxide mixture if it should be required again...Molly is a slow learner...soooo
This time, the dose must have been small because it faded fast, or maybe we just got used to it!

1:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home