Wednesday, January 04, 2006

bleak and cold















It's so bleak and cold. This picture almost seems as if the sun is shining, when it's actually not. It must be the contrast with the dark drive shed against the snow.






























I tried to capture the pearls of ice hanging from the seed heads of the grasses. Ah well. Icicles will have to do.

















I found the rows of icicles hanging on the side of the barn intriguing. Everything is dripping, wet and cold.















Yep! Them there shiny things are puddles on top of the ice in the laneway. You can almost see the reflection of trees in one of the puddles.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stuart said...

I have to agree with Jude. They look like stills from a movie. I'm sure that seeing your garden under a pile of that would be farily depressing though.

3:57 a.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

Actually, (for jude)I cannot bear to photograph the bleak brown-ness of no snow and dead everything...I'll have another look. I enjoy thinking that the snow is a blanket that protects the garden from the winter blasts until spring is here. I have a hard time imagining gardening without the changing seasons--perhaps winter could be a wee shorter?

11:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home