Friday, August 11, 2006

satisfaction

The old and outdated dried herbs & spices got cleaned out today. The jars got scrubbed. The shelves in the kitchen got overhauled and washed down as well.

I must have had a touch of sunstroke because I decided to paper the shelves; not having any shelf paper, I made some out of craft paper that I happened to have lying around.

The recycling went out to the garage, the plants in the greenhouse, the plants in the pots and hanging baskets outside got watered.

My 'new' office is now nearly functional.

My next big project is to go through my accumulated files and papers, sort, purge and reorganize. Nothing is allowed to move down to my 'new' office unless it really belongs there...

It's August. I think I get the bug every year at this time, when traditionally it's the big push to get ready for school and new beginnings. I feel the urge for new resolutions more at this time of year than I ever do at the New Year!

I feel incredibly satisfied with what I have accomplished so far. Big plans are in motion! Hurray for me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sigruns German Garden said...

Oh, it seems you have a lot of dryed herbs? I do not dry my herbs, I put them in the freezer. But I don't have a lot of herbs.
Your soup looks very good, we also are soup-eaters, and often I cook a bog pot from this for a lot of persons.

Sigrun

1:17 a.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

Unfortunately, I don't have enought room in the freezer compartment of my 'fridge. Buying a freezer is on my wish list.

11:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home