Monday, October 09, 2006

what is wrong with this picture?


The dogs started barking at something mid-morning and at first I paid no mind. It is Thanksgiving. My landlords are all up from the city, enjoying the holiday with their family. I thought they were probably working or walking or playing about on the property somewhere. I barely glanced down the laneway.

I thought I saw maybe a couple people walking and a dog...No! That's not people, that's a couple of cows! They do not belong in the laneway!

I called M.R..

When K. answered, I exclaimed:"This is Kati. The cows are in the lane!"

Later, when K. came up to check it out, he teased me that it sounded like a code phrase between spies or like a line from a nursery rhyme!

Anyhow, the bull in the picture, a cow and her calf, had gotten out through old gate that had been needing repairs. They made a merry excursion into the alfalfa field to the north before the fellows rounded them up and guided them back into the fenced pastures to the south of the barn.

Such are the entertainments of country life!

4 Comments:

Blogger MariaJ said...

Haa...and both of the animals enjoy their breakfast... Your nature has some really beautiful colours!

1:58 p.m.  
Blogger HORIZON said...

lol- what a brilliant start to the day!!

4:00 p.m.  
Blogger Bob said...

Ha ha - thats animals for you, if they can get up to mischief they will. The thing that always amazed me was that they can cause all this mayhem and they aren't even trying!

4:41 p.m.  
Blogger HLiza said...

Hi Kati, thanks for dropping by my blog. I certainly love sharing the fun, the ups and downs of people all over the world thru blogging. Most of the times we'll be surprised at how similar we are to each other even though we live in different time zone, culture and beliefs. Looking forward to share your life journey too..!

5:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home