Thursday, March 08, 2007

ordering seeds

The internet is so fantastic! Without leaving home, or even writing anything, with a few clicks of the mouse, I ordered my seeds yesterday.

I chose to order most of my vegetable seeds from Agrestal Seeds. There are still some things on my list that I will probably order from Salt Spring Seeds, and I will probably get my tomato seeds from Dave Ackerman at Upper Canada Seeds. I also ordered lots more herb seeds from Richter's in Goodwood, Ontario.

It did take me a couple of hours to refine my list, but the process of ordering online is way, way too easy. Far, far too-o-o-oo tempting!

The seed orders should be arriving just as I get back from Africa. Maybe a bit late for seed starting, but I find even if we don't have frost, the weather can be quite cold and miserable in late spring and summer around here anyway and starting too early doesn't get me much further ahead in the garden. I just end up with a whole bunch of seedlings crowding every bit of bench space I have, overgrowing their pots...planted out, suffering a huge shock when we have snow in June. Believe me. It has happened. And then I'm out there laying every bedsheet I own and what have you over the vegetable beds trying to avert more frost damage!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home