Tuesday, June 19, 2007

until the full moon


OK, sensory overload here!
For some perverse reason, these peonies remind me of brides, and as cynical as I am, not believing much in the institution of marriage, the only reason I think of weddings in association with peonies is because they are so blowsy in their beauty, something like a bride in a very full and fluffy wedding dress.
Perhaps there are a couple of things that weddings do have to recommend them: a chance to wear yards and yards of lovely gauzy fabric and a big party afterwards! This, therefore, should not be a once in a life time event, should it?? New rule here, new rule: at least every 3 - 5 years, every woman should have a reason to get dressed up in impossibly frilly gowns just to feel beautiful and adored and there should be a big party afterwards!!
"Come, let us take our fill of love
until morning;
let us delight ourselves with love.
For my husband is not at home;
he has gone on a long journey.
He took a bag of money with
him;
he will not come home until
full moon."
~~Proverbs 7:18-20

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger e4 said...

Wow, that Bible has everything!

9:27 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peonies! Oh how I miss them.

Some people manage to raise them here, but they're rare. Tree peonies, which do well in this climate, are great but they're another thing entirely.

We were downcoast a bit in Pescadero a month or so ago, and I got to bury my nose in a peony blossom. Instant flashback to childhood in Pennsylvania.

Fortunately the flower didn't have any ants on it. Not that I ever let those stop me way back when.

12:18 a.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

Oh, it would be a mistake,e4, to believe the bible "approves" of that sort of behavior. just demonstrates how easy it is to use quotes from the bible out of context!!
ron, I can scarcely afford to look at the tree peonies in the catalogue! sheesh, they're expensive! I'm very glad to be able to enjoy the herbacious peonies I have.

12:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home