Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lisa's garden

One of the delightful new acquaintances I have made is all because of this generous, exuberant garden that we passersby get to enjoy. Lisa insists she does not do this for any public recognition, only for her own enjoyment. But surely I am not the only one that is enormously grateful to be able to enjoy her garden as I pass her house on my runs or on my way to work!

I could stop and take a million photos every day, but I must resist!! Poor Lisa would be sure to tire of me lurking about her gardens with my camera, wouldn't she?? And yet, even these photos from a couple of weeks ago remind me of the season plunging on so quickly, masses of new blooms that have come on as the old ones have faded, flowers whose bloom I glimpsed so briefly and longed to photograph to share with you...

No, no, no. I'll just have to take the camera with me again soon and lurk in Lisa's garden again -- perhaps tomorrow! You wouldn't believe all the new things that are in bloom!







5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful garden..
Thank you for taking the pictures and posting them in your blog.
Now all your bplg visitors can enjoy this lovely garden.
- Cheers.

6:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kati,
do you mind letting me know, where I can find this wonderful garden?
Perhaps visit the garden.
Gisela

5:03 a.m.  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

Lisa has a beautiful garden for sure!
I certainly would be one to STOP in my tracks and take a second look too!
Simply a well planned garden!

6:15 a.m.  
Blogger Sky said...

wow! just lovely, kati. lisa is a good gardener to know - she will always be dividing plants! she has some beautiful ones, too. you must tell her that her reputation is spreading around the country now. :)

ok, here is my wish - for you to find the energy this week to get the new plants you have in the ground! if it is warm there they shouldn't be planted until very late afternoon anyway, so it can be a "last thing on your agenda" item! :))

8:04 a.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

guild-rez, Lisa gardens here in Oshawa. She used to be very active with the cities-in-bloom program, etc. She would probably be embarrassed now, at the attention, although her gardens spill out onto the boulevard. If you are planning a drive out to Oshawa some time, perhaps drop me a line at katiquu at hotmail dot com?

naturegirl, I most certainly stop regularly!

sky, in the way of most gardeners I know, Lisa has already offered me divisions! Thanks for the wishes...they must have worked 'cause I did get 90% of the passalong plants in the ground this past week!

3:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home