Tuesday, November 23, 2004

the agonies of withdrawal

Here's an interesting thought I found through Tom Coates : a quote from Kurt Vonnegut that I think is right on!
"Here’s what I think the truth is: We are all addicts of fossil fuels in a state of denial, about to face cold turkey. And like so many addicts about to face cold turkey, our leaders are now committing violent crimes to get what little is left of what we’re hooked on."
I decided I needed a treat last night, so I tried to go see the movie "Shall We Dance?" with Richard Gere, but got there too late. I decided to see the Renee Zellweger movie "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason" instead. I needed the laugh, but I couldn't really get into it.

Before seeing the movie, I had a very satisfying meal of Blackened Chicken with Jambalaya and the house salad, with a jamaican pattie topped with a fresh salsa with a spicy cheese sause for dipping for an appetizer. I was starving! There is this restaurant, called Hot Belly Mama's in Peterborough with an old New Orleans jazz decor that I've enjoyed once before. It's sort of "next door" to the "Olde Stone Brewing Company" on Water Street. A lot of university types seem to be patrons.

Current Mood: cynical

Current Music: k.d. lang: Constant Craving

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home