Thursday, June 02, 2005

fireflies

Here's a perfectly magical ending to a great day: fireflies dancing through the apple trees and the huge old lilac bushes!

For Michele, a great quote I found that relates to our conversation about how hard it is to meditate:
"Five senses: an incurably abstract intellect; a haphazardly
selective memory; a set of preconceptions and assumptions so numerous that
I can never examine more than a minority of them -- never become conscious of
them all. How much of total reality can such an apparatus let
through?" --C.S.Lewis

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Hi Kati!

I'm so glad that you finally updated your blog. I found it at the beginning of May just by randomly flipping through the blogs and I liked it lots! But I could be biased, being another Ontario gardener myself. :)

Karen

6:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home