Saturday, May 13, 2006

on my hands & knees

Trout lily or Dogtooth Violet, Erythronium americanum:
Cut-leaved Toothwort, Dentaria laciniata:

Purple Trillium, unfortunately out of focus, Trillium erectum, not as common in our woods as the large-flowered trillium:


Jack-in-the-pulpit, Arisaema triphyllum:

Large-flowered Trillium, Trillium grandiflorum:



I have been on my hands and knees again, crawling about the woods, trying to capture with my camera the breathtaking beauty of the forest floor. Already as the trilliums open out, the leafy canopy is filling in and casting them into shade.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I found some trilliums about two weeks ago and thought that they had passed their prime. Maybe they were just coming into it? Not much experience with triliums, and I didn't look too very closely. Near Ottawa.

7:34 a.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

In the Kawartha Lakes area, the trilliums are just about in their prime now. They were about a week earlier nearer the lake in the GTA, I think.

9:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home