Monday, January 29, 2007

back at last

Thanks to the blogger support team, I am finally able to post again here. It was something I didn't realize I'd miss as much as I did, until I was unable to for the last month or so. Maybe I should celebrate somehow, or maybe I should examine why it has become such an important part of my life. Am I a blogging addict?

Really, I don't care if I'm addicted. It is something I enjoy doing and perhaps as far as addictions go, it is relatively harmless -- unless I'm embarrassing my friends and family by my "public" ruminations! I do try not to do that, although I fondly think that my revelations about my family and friends usually involves only my gratitude for what they mean to me in my life. If I ridicule or embarrass anyone, I hope it's only myself!

I'm sometimes amazed at how silly my life can get and well... maybe others find some relief in hearing about the chaos and hilarity that always keep my life interesting.

But mostly, I walk around in awed bemusement that I'm looking out at a sparkling necklace of ice crystals, for example, flung carelessly along the edge of the snow-icing that curls generously over the roof of the greenhouse, blinding as the reflected sun sparkles off the snowflakes, or thrilled as the shadow of the red-tailed hawk flits across the snow in the yard and the squirrel-robbers of my bird-feeders disappear into the trees.

The stories that unfold go largely untold. A walk becomes a mystery of a myriad clues, tracks in the snow, a depression in the snow tinged with blood, a stray feather, a small fluff of fur. Bark has been stripped by some critter from many of the branches of the crab-apple trees along the drive. I think of Don's theory that male squirrels are marking their territory.

My dog barks and hesitates at the door when I open it for her to go out, not rushing into anything, sniffing cautiously, looking before she steps outside. I'm impatient as I hold the door open for her in the sub-zero weather as I imagine waves of my expensively heated indoor air pouring outdoors in waste. I nudge her butt with my foot. Hurry up. The moon rising over the orchard to the east of the house silently climbs higher into the evening sky.

I don't know why I want to write about it. But there you are. Here's my blog where I try to capture some of it.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Have missed your writings, your loving descriptions on your observations of daily life. Somehow I assumed you were away at a warm beach somewhere, so I'm sorry to hear it was technical problems instead. Hope all will remain smooth from now on.

7:12 p.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

oooh, I have considered running away to a warm beach...perhaps I still will!!

10:02 p.m.  
Blogger Randa said...

I missed you so! I am glad you are back. I thought you were wrapped up with the man-friend you referred to a little while back...

11:52 a.m.  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ah. So good to 'hear' from you again!

7:20 p.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

Randa, the man-friend was lots of fun and interesting; I enjoyed his visit here very much. But no. Maybe I'm too old and selfish to be "wrapped up" in a man anymore. I was really quite frustrated by the technical problems and am so relieved to be able to post here again.
Jenn, thanks! It is nice to be missed!!

1:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home