Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sharon Temple


The Sharon Temple, in what is now the town of East Gwillimbury, north of Toronto.
For many years, before he was old enough to drive himself, I used to drive up through Sharon/Hope/East Gwillimbury, to pick up or visit with my son, who lived with his father near Barrie. Each time I drove by the Sharon Temple, I would crane my neck for a glimpse of it as I passed, vowing to stop and properly look around someday.
Fairly regularly, sites of interest within day-trip distance of Toronto have been featured in the weekend newspapers. The Sharon Temple has come up often during the years and for some reason, it has some particular ability to pique my curiosity. Someday, I thought, someday it would be a nice place to visit.
Someday has not come yet! Last Tuesday, the impulse to stop hit me again as I was driving my friend N. back to the airport in Buffalo. A small detour brought us to the temple, but I was disappointed to find it closed for the season.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this photo and the one below of teh gate in the snow.

9:55 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home