Saturday, October 04, 2008

gracias a la vida

Ain't life grand? Here I am all stuffed up, the pressure in the front of my face tempting me to rip my nose off. But what can I say?

I'm looking out my workroom window, enjoying the parade of birds travelling through the maple trees, blue jays, cow birds, blackbirds, little things I can't identify...I saw several skeins of geese flying south too.

The leaves on one of the maples are edged in red and gold, the centres still green. The other maple's leaves are turning red, the veins highlighted in pale green or gold.

I'm cold and hot by turns, as my body freaks out, trying to regulate my body temperature and fight off a silly, drippy cold.

But still, I'm elated. Dumb, huh? Can't help it. Just sitting here, listening to my music and watching the leaves gently moving in the breeze in the dying light of a grey, cold day -- there's something gorgeous about that too. I don't know what it is. It must be the melancholy Finn in me that loves the richness of the minor keys.

Gracias A La Vida - Mercedes Sosa

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful song, although I prefer Tish Hinojosa's version of it, there is only the tinge of melancholy in that version.

11:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home