Friday, December 31, 2004

Baking and tricks with onions.

Since I have to work through this New Year's weekend, I decided to bake my onion-cheddar quiche to take for a potluck meal at my paying job. No cafeteria service (don't even get me started on that subject) is available and our potluck meals are way-way tastier anyway.

Frying up the onions reminds me of a story my mother heard somewhere long ago. Apparently there was a woman whose husband always came home from work, expecting his supper to be ready and on the table. Of course, there were many times when the woman just did not have supper ready right that minute, so she developed a quick trick. She would brown some onions. With aroma of onions browning, her husband accepted her reassurances that supper was cooking, even though sometimes she hadn't any idea of what that supper was going to be. Comforted by the aroma, he didn't fuss or bother her until she could come up with something, even something that often ended up not containing any onions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home