Monday, December 27, 2004

Season of Delights!!

First delight: my youngest daughter came and spent the night with me on Christmas Eve. I enjoyed her company so much! We did a little baking for Christmas, my usual quiche and her favorite Peppermint Meringues.

The next morning, it took a little engineering to get everything into the car, because in addition to presents I was taking to the Granddaughter and her Mom & Dad, etc., and our baking, there were some clothes and things my youngest daughter had left behind that she wanted to take back to her place, winter clothes and such that will come in handy right now.

Second delight: we had a lovely time watching Granddaughter opening her presents. There was lots of joking and laughing. Many wonderful presents. How lucky are we, really!!

Third delight: Son-in-law out-did himself again on a wonderful meal! He is amazing. We all contributed bits of the meal, but really, most of the effort and organizing was his, and it was great. There was turkey and ham and dressing and my quiche and vegetables and mashed potatoes and gravy and a huge salad and cranberry sauce. This doesnt even include all the appetizers that he had laid out before dinner. We enjoyed a bottle of Beaujolais nouveau with dinner. I regret that I didn't buy two bottles. It did go down quite nicely, not being too heavy and complex for the non-wine drinkers of the bunch.

Nanny Alice started taking notes and made a little list of things Son-in- law needs in the kitchen, serving pieces, platters and such. She's such a practical, mothering soul, planning already for next Christmas??

I have been re-thinking that opportunity to move and share that house out near Fenelon Falls. It is still the most practical place I have seen. Nothing is perfect, but I have seen so many dumps, and met so many crappy people in my searches, this does look the most promising. Not to give faint praise to my potential new house-mate. Oh dear! Everything about the place is so sunny and bright, my major concerns were with whether or not she would like me or be able to live with me and my quirks. So, after the holiday excitement died down a bit, I gave her another call this morning, and left a message. This saga is to be continued, dear reader....(I don't know the outcome either and find that quite frustrating :) )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home