Friday, February 18, 2005

banish negativity!

My amazing housemate read to me today wish lists for us, our home and why the universe should give it to us. I love the way she thinks.

A couple of times over the last few days, inspite of the many days I have had to work at my paying job, which leaves me very little time to think about anything at all, I have thought how amazing it is that I live here now. About a year ago, I drove this way on an antiques tour and as I drove past the mysterious lane that disappeared into the woods, I thought to myself, 'how marvelous it would be to live in the seclusion that must be up that lane.' As they say, be careful what you ask for.

You know a little of the trauma that I had to go through to get here...But I did say to the universe, if it is going to take trauma, ok, I'm ready.

Now here I am. I'm not anywhere unpacked, but it is starting to feel like home.

Lately, I have also wondered how to stop being afraid all the time, afraid that I don't have enough money to take care of myself, afraid that I am guilty of not being good enough, smart enough, careful enough...and I prayed that I would be sent a teacher or guide to help me live what I believe in my head about the universe, that Mother Nature is incredibly generous and that I have learned habitual 'thinking poor', which is getting me nowhere.

Imagine my surprise and pleasure to have Ann talk about right thinking, removing the negative "but" from my thoughts about how I'm blessed!
She has promised to help me change my thinking and I'm eager to meet some of her friends.

I was so charged up by what Ann said this afternoon, that I threw out four boxes of "stuff" I had saved and moved from house to house to house, without ever unpacking them. The boxes were labelled 'magazines' and without fear, I didn't even peek in them to check what was in them. I'm sure I will never need them again. Seem like a small thing? Not to me. My fears actually weighed me down so with these boxes, that I was afraid that they might have lovely pictures, ideas or recipes or articles or something I might need someday...so I was afraid to throw them out , and throwing them out without going through them was unthinkable for me before today. Sometimes the 'going through' part was a trick I used to avoid throwing anything out. But now? Gone! What a weight off my mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home