Tuesday, May 16, 2006

teaching and learning

Two recent posts by vastly different people regarding teaching had me in tears. Teaching is very dear to me and I applaud the inspired, dedicated teachers who often struggle in a very non-supportive political and social environment that does not value education.

The first is a Canadian blog, Nunablog, by two young teachers from the south who spent the last year in Nunavut. The touching story here describes this teacher sharing an enjoyable learning moment with a young lad, whose learning will take off like a rocket now, we hope.

The second is an excrutiatingly honest, brilliant blog, In and Out of Confidence, by a teacher of teachers, Tamar Jacobson. The bit I want to share is a quote about teaching that I would like on a plaque on my wall too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home