Monday, July 03, 2006

escaping

Last Friday evening, I came home from grocery shopping to find this 'porker' (aka porcupine) crossing the laneway. Thanking the fairies that Molly was tied to her special tree, I got out of the car to have a closer look.

The porker scurried to the largest tree in it's path, only to discover that it was merely a stump which put him eye to eye with his pursuer -- ie, ME! I could have reached out and touched it. Shaking with fear, you can see he/she is not too happy with me.

So, it had to back down and keeping the stump between us, it ran off to the next closest trees.

By the time I stumbled over some fallen trees and nearly brained myself with a standing dead sapling that I thought I could grab to balance myself, I caught only the retreating view of the porker, escaping up the tree.

We had a guest this past weekend, Julie Coombs, an old friend of my housemate's. Ann very correctly describes her as a dynamic, 'connected' person, on the leading-edge of creative abundance and technology. Check out some of her photos of our old farm-house next door to Millionaire Row on Sturgeon Point and the Fenelon Falls locks on the Trent Severn waterway!

Julie mentions good conversation, wine, self-aware and self-empowered women. I was privileged to participate, share and listen in on that on Friday evening! Just a little heads up: be ready, because I'm sure you will be hearing more from each one of us, very soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger ~~ Melissa said...

Great pictures of the porker! I especially love the look on his face in the second one. What an odd creature.

Your photos in the next post down are really beautiful too.

10:25 a.m.  
Blogger Lisa said...

What a great picture!

11:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home