Sunday, July 09, 2006

stinky dog!


Look at that innocent sleepy face. Hard to believe that this little girl loves to find the most disgusting piles of (whatever...) and roll in it. Remember that our landlords rent out fields to a guy who has beef cattle here. And remember that our septic recently developed problems too, so the top of the tanks and the vent were exposed and there was a little black goo to be seen around the vent.

Oh yes! I came home from work last Thursday night, looking forward to several days of great weather for gardening. However, whatever she had been into, I could not sleep with that stinky mutt before washing her first. I thought it was a little better, but kept getting whiffs of oooooh boy! all night long.

So, I thought laundering my quilt, sheets and pillowcases would solve that problem, thinking maybe she had already gotten the stink into the bed, etc before I got home.

Then, yesterday, she went for a little swim and visited the cows again! She came home smelling very high. Always around the neck and behind the ears, isn't it? A really thorough bath this time and then I realized that her collar was Stin-Ky beyond repair. Into the garbage with that! Now....maybe...I'll be able to tolerate her warm little body snuggled against me again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Doggy colonge. My boys find stuff that smells like fish to roll in, which is really strange, since they are confined to a small side yard.

I guess dead worms smell like fish?

I dunno, but they are always so intensely HAPPY to find the stinky that I don't have the heart to try and get them to stop.

Of course, I am a cruel owner and they sleep in their kennels at night (allergies)...

12:12 p.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

That's hilarious...The kennel is not cruel. My bullie sleeps in the laundry room. She's just too loud and pushy to sleep near me -- even in the same room! Some nights I can hear her snoring from across the house!!

4:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home