Thursday, April 05, 2007

welcome home


These little gems in my garden greeted me on Monday afternoon when I returned home from my trip.
Not sure what is going on, I woke up this morning convinced that it was Friday, the 6th. I slept most of the day yesterday, horrified when I finally got out of bed at around 2 pm. I think I lived through all of yesterday thinking that it was Thursday then. Am I confused? Very!
My conviction that it was Friday today was so strong, that it made me paranoid that people were lying to me! Really! The couple of people I've spoken on the phone with this morning have been subjected to severe interrogations as to the day of the week and the date. I even made them take an oath that they weren't lying to me, that it really is only Thursday, not Friday yet. And then I checked the news online -- not to catch up on world events, no -- to triple check that it really is Thursday, the 5th.
What a bizarre feeling!
My other news is that today, I'm adopting two calico cats. Their mom, Doreen, has developed an allergy and so they need a new home. Their names are Lily and Grace. I think this is going to be a lot of fun. Hopefully, they are good mousers as this old farmhouse has a large and growing population...
Hmmmnn. I'm thinking we will have quite the population of females (not counting the mice and squirrels), living here: me, Misty, Lily and Grace. Maybe I should declare this an abbey!
Maybe not. While I can get quite rhapsodic about the peace and what I consider to be a holy energy that I sense in this place, I can also get quite raucous in my enjoyment of life. And raucous has no place in an abbey, does it?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home