Saturday, December 01, 2007

I went shopping...

...on Monday, the 26th of Nov and I bought some cd’s of the Michel Thomas method. And it is true. I can listen to them in the car. I don’t need books, writing, drills, memorizing. Already, an Italian phrase pops into my head now at the oddest moments. Maybe I will learn to speak Italian more easily than I thought. I just needed to GET STARTED!!!

Who was it that said we don't work to acquire things but to become? That's what's exciting, isn't it, the idea that we can transform ourselves!

check out me tu on 43 things

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger kate smudges said...

So true ... we can transform ourselves ... with lots of effort though. It's not as easy as it was at age 20.

9:51 p.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

In a way, I think it may be easier now than it was at 20. At 20, I was nervous, quite sure I knew an awful lot already, I was afraid that some topics would lead me into topics that I could not handle, that would shake my preconceptions and "foundations", and I was far more judgmental than I am now. Now, I'm more relaxed, I don't worry as much about making mistakes (I've made so many that I finally realized it won't kill me, or even embarrass me much!), and I realize I never know enough. I'm perhaps even more hungry to learn new things than I was at 20.

1:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home