Friday, October 05, 2007

sunshine and the colour red



Another gorgeous day. The sun is warm. I'm afraid when the cold weather comes it will be a shock after such a warm and mellow fall!

When I wake up in the mornings, I can see a deepening blush creeping across the leaves of the maples that surround my house. I think it is supposed to be the change in daylight hours that triggers the colour change, I can't remember for sure. The nights are cooler, but not frosty.

Besides being lazy, I am allowing the mild weather to lull me into the belief that we will never have frost, we will never need to close the windows against the winter winds, we will never have to start the furnace up, we will never have to bring in the tender plants from the back deck.

I apologize for posting another photo of my hibiscus blooms! I can't seem to resist them and I know I'm repeating myself.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home