Thursday, August 23, 2007

in the moment

Cats are the consummate artists when it comes to being in the moment, being present here and now. Here's Grace, playing with her favorite toy, the mice dangling from her personal scratching post/pedestal.

As Anne Lindbergh defines it, grace is "an inner harmony, essentially spiritual, which can be translated into outward harmony." And I find Grace embodies the ability of all cats to be a cat, elegantly, in utter harmony with herself and what she is, delighting cat-lovers and other observers with her simple 'cat-ness', as she plays in her unmistakable cat-way.
If only we humans could be as comfortable in our own skins and enjoy be-ing human Beings, enjoying the embodiment of our spiritual essence in our human form.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sisah said...

Oh, a tortoiseshell cat, have I seen this beauty here on your blog before? It looks only young, and very much alive.
"If only we humans could be as comfortable in our own skins and enjoy being human Being."
I am sure you and me have (had) our moments where one feels (felt) comfortable in what we did, but lately I feel these moments are getting rarer. You are describing one of these moments in your posting about your stay at one of the beautiful lakes round Ontario.

7:59 a.m.  
Blogger kate said...

I was certain that I left a comment on this post ... but it hit me that I left one on Facebook.

So true - if only we could be as comfortable in our own skins and know exactly what we needed!

9:43 p.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

sisah, I'm trying to practice being more open and spontaneous, childlike. And yes, Grace is one of the two tortoise-shell cats I adopted upon my return from Africa this spring.

kate, I think we know, because the higher part of ourselves, our soul, is much larger than the ego, but the ego sure is LOUD! It's incredibly freeing to stop listening to the ego.

12:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home