Sunday, February 20, 2005

holding on

I dreamed last night that I had to make my way across a border patrol or past a toll-booth of some sort and at the last minute, to pay the toll, I realized all I had was a clumsy, huge roll of bills in my hands. I didn't want to flash all this money around, but couldn't figure out how to pull out the correct bill to pay the toll without pulling the whole wad out of my pocket into view of anyone passing by.

Then ensued the chase. Corrupt border/toll officials and other greedy people started coming out of the woodwork to get at me and my huge roll of cash and as I tried to make my escape, the snow got deeper and the walking more and more slippery. Then too, because so many people seemed to be after me, I was surrounded and starting to run out of avenues of escape when I woke up.

Two things seemed bizarre to me when I woke up. I had no purpose or goal at all in going across this border or passing this toll way and then returning, I was just going. And second, I have no idea how I obtained this huge roll of money. When I reached in to find my wallet as I would normally, I suddenly knew there was this huge roll of money there instead.

I did know I was supposedly in Vancouver, where my parents live, but the streets and buildings did not resemble Vancouver, as much as they looked like the stylized and simplified amateur set of a high school play.

Sometimes, it is in contemplating a dream and what it doesn't say that gives me more insight into myself than the events in the dream itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home