Sunday, July 09, 2006

reading & cheesecake

As Ann's stuff is being sold, given away or packed, the house is developing new empty spaces and I'm gradually moving most of my library downstairs.

I'm the silliest of tidy-uppers there ever was. As I come across things I haven't seen, or really looked at, in a while (things look different, fresh in a way, when you re-arrange them), I am compelled to re-read some of the books I have owned for many years.

So there I was, re-reading Finding Flow In Everyday Life, by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, 1997, already enjoying myself immensely, when in comes Ann, returning from her supper out with friends, bearing a plate with a slice of cheesecake on it for me! Surrounded with slivered almonds, topped with whipped cream and a fresh strawberry dipped in chocolate....need I say more?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home