Sunday, July 09, 2006

weeds

Weeds are going mad in the garden. I'm hunting up all the old newspaper we have lying around to try to keep the weeds in the pathways down. I plan to lay it under the hay that is there now.

Lots of tomatoes and peppers have set fruit and are ripening nicely. No, not one sign of the corn or squash or some of the beans. ( Did I tell you I think I was robbed?)

Putting bird netting up saved the newly emerging stalks and leaves of the climbing beans from being eaten, however, for which I'm glad!

I'm also harvesting the garlic, zucchini and herbs (thai basil, lemon balm, cilantro).

There was a time I used to swear that I hated mowing the lawn....well, maybe I don't exactly hate it, but it's still not one of my favorite things to do. The lawn does look better this evening, pretty cool, I do say! I was able to do all of the front bit, but ran out of gas when I was about to do the back. Feeling too lazy to run out to get the gas, I helped Ann bring in the stuff that didn't sell in her yard sale, instead.

After a nice hot shower, my favorite (easy) supper and a couple cups of coffee , I have revived a bit. I might even get that back bit mowed tomorrow.

Easy veggie taco salad:

Crush a handful of corn chips or nacho chips on a plate. Top with several spoonfuls of canned red kidney beans or black beans (or chili, if you prefer). Sprinkle with grated cheese. Pop into the microwave until cheese melts. (youngest daughter prefers to heat beans with taco spice-mix in small saucepan and ladles that over the chips.)

Top with shredded lettuce, chopped red onions, tomatoes, cilantro, avacado, slices of jalapeno pepper, etc. (here you do whatever you like).

A few dollops of your favorite salsa, sour cream and ... enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home