Friday, February 09, 2007

ice & snow

A pretty typical glimpse of Misty in motion and airborne, on our walks in the sparse snow of late December, '06.

Misty is spending the night at the veterinarian's. She got some pretty rotten teeth extracted today, as well as finally getting spayed. She's doing fine, I'm told. I get to bring her home tomorrow. I'm guessing she'll be on some antibiotics for a while.

Unlike other dogs I've had, Misty never was a big fan of chew toys or bones, no matter what kind I tried. In the last two or three weeks, I've noticed that her doggie-breath had become pretty gruesome. So it was off to the vets.

Driving up the laneway, returning home after I dropped Misty off at the vets' this morning, this is how much snow has accumulated over the last few days.

It is wonderful! I love this time of year, when a decent blanket of snow is finally deep enough to protect the plants in the garden. There must be at least 20 cm, deeper where the wind has piled it into drifts.


It is comical too. This time of year, perhaps the most wonderful part of winter, many Canadians are planning escapes to warmer climates. In fact, the rush is so bad for passports, what with the new regulations re air-travel to the US, that the usual 15 business days wait is now 8 weeks...too late for some who might be planning trips for the March break coming up soon.

Oldest daughter, son-in-law and my Granddaughter just returned from a week in Orlando. I know they had fun. Hard for me to fathom that Disney World is the #1 honeymoon destination in the whole world. Not hardly my cup of tea -- all that commercial sweetness and stuff. Although I have heard rumours that the gardens are pretty good...Nah. Still not my cup of tea. Granddaughter assures me she saw nearly all of the Princesses that matter, though!

I've been reworking my vege-garden plans, trying to adjust for the large amount of shade cast by the trees and saplings along the south edge of the yard. Hopefully, I'll be able to post the new plans soon.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home