Tuesday, February 26, 2008

reading

What am I reading; well, let's see. Stacked around my bed at the moment I have:
  • the Outlander series of books by Diana Gabaldon (very amusing escapism!),
  • The Elephant's Secret Sense, the Hidden Life of the Wild Herds of Africa, by Caitlin O'Connell
  • The Book of Secrets, Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life, by Deepak Chopra
  • Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Waiting for Time, by Bernice Morgan
  • A Fine Balance, by Rohinton Mistry
  • 2,000+ Essential Italina Verbs, The Easiest Way to Master Verbs and Speak Fluently from Living Language
  • Non Solo Amore..., an Italian translation of a Silhouette Romance originally in English by Elizabeth McGuire
  • A New Earth, Awakening to Your Life's Purpose, by Eckhart Tolle
'Tis very handy to have a variety of books at hand for the various moods one finds oneself going through. Seems lately, escapism has been awfully important for me!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so shallow! I have Stephen King's Duma Key and about 15 magazines.

5:10 p.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

No, no, Jim! You shouldn't feel shallow at all. It is quite possible after all that I am the one who is shallow, living in a world of black marks on the page in order to avoid some real life chores I should be doing and am avoiding...See?

12:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert
is a lot of rubbish, a book for people with an IQ of less than 100.But there seem to be plenty of females in this range. This is exactly the point between a book that is sold well an a book that is good.

3:40 a.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

Yikes, anonymous!! It may not meet your high standards, anonymous, but it is a fun read. I'm very glad to be able to escape your censure by happily having an IQ that would qualify me for membership in Mensa (if I believed that had any actual relevance or meaning to my life)! I invite you to relax a bit, enjoy the irrational and lighter aspects of our life's journeys, and accept that maybe while you are making a big hairy deal about some things that you notice and are important to you, you are oblivious to many other very important things, including the many deeply wonderful souls whose IQ you despise, the importance of the occasional indulgence in fluffy, light reads, sweet desserts,and ordinary vin de table, dandelions, a silly jokes, and Harlequin Romances,etc. In my opinion, life is less about strict excellence than it is about balance.

1:32 p.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

good enough is the new perfect

1:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home