Sunday, February 12, 2006

fungi and lichen















some fungi, rather small, each about the size of a loonie (Canadian $1 coin, FYI)















more fungi, rather high off the ground, at about 1.5m; they are the size of a dime or smaller















loved the colour combinations here of different splotches of lichen on a rock















more lichen on cedar rail fence

Ontario Wanderer talked about different words for snow, and I thought that was fascinating. Presumably, these words found here and here would be some Inuit words? (links thanks to Ontario Wanderer)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I meant to thank you for the link to Ontario Wanderer; links to all the words used to describe snow. Recall hearing the eskimos had a never-ending list of such words.

2:23 a.m.  
Blogger Patry Francis said...

Inuit words are so beautiful and expressive.

3:16 a.m.  
Blogger Lené Gary said...

Hi Kati,
You've got some good looking fungi there. :)

I would email you this other part of the comment, but your profile doesn't seem to have an email address option.

Anyway, I deleted leaning birch in mid-Feb. Unfortunately, someone stole my writing and photographs and republished as his them at my old blog address.

If you could delete the link to Leaning Birch or replace it with a link to aleaningbirch.blogspot.com, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm honored that you ever linked to my blog, and I'm sad that the end of leaning birch isn't as delightful as the year sharing time with other bloggers like you.

Best Wishes,
Lene

11:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home