Wednesday, February 08, 2006

flooded in glory

The most spectacular part of the day was at sunset! This sunset, which lasted over 30 minutes, was one of the best ever: burning yellow and orange on the horizon, huge crimson clouds above the sun, peach and lime and violet to the north, periwinkle, dove-grey, pink and purple to the south. Underneath all that, the snow was so white and cold-blue, it ached. The contrast was amazing. I felt the tenderness of transience, bathed in the flood of glory, drenched in intense colour! Why are such moments of beauty also exquisitely sad?
(not just because I didn't have my camera with me!)

I got a lot of work done today with my writing, felt quite smug, in fact. I have ideas popping around in my head right now, faster than I can get them down on paper. This is good.

When I took a break to bring our compostables out to the pile at the bottom of the yard, there they were, six or seven deer in the cornfield to the south. They were nibbling on the stubble of the cornstalks. Once they spotted me and the dogs, they left in a hurry.

I have been practicing with a new yoga dvd, Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Uniting Movement and Breath, Session One, with Seane Corn. After many run-throughs, I feel like I'm getting the hang of it; my body is starting to remember the sequence and the postures. My body certainly feels happy, buzzing, afterwards. I feel like I'm more aware of my posture, my muscles, my bones, after a yoga-practice. I really enjoy Seane's encouragement to use yoga as a meditation to connect with gratitude to the heart, the Spirit and the connection between all beings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home