Sunday, June 04, 2006

lady's slippers

To lift my spirits, I'm sure, the fairies planted a BIG patch of yellow lady's slippers in the woods right beside the drive so that I was sure to spot them yesterday when I drove by in the rain.

Whenever I've had a little window of opportunity between all the rain we have been having, I've been planting: beets, parsnips, radish, the glad bulbs, strawberries, beans, corn, squash, etc. Bit by bit, I'm conquering the weedy part of the vegetable garden which we did not plant last summer, and bit by bit, the weeds are marching in behind me ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Randa said...

My grandma's garden had Yellow Lady's Slippers. They are very sentimental for me.

9:17 a.m.  
Blogger Carol Michel said...

How nice to hear that someone else has garden fairies who plant things in her garden!

8:05 p.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

I'm tempted to transplant some of the lady's slippers from the woods into the gardens closer to the house, but I'm not sure how ethical that would be, particularly as I don't really have a good spot prepared for them. I'll leave them in the woods for now.

8:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home