Sunday, July 09, 2006

what's going on



One of my pots on the back deck.

Here's a group of greatly contrasting foliage: a golden hops vine, a lovely lemony creeping thyme, and the spiky foliage of a purple bearded iris, the name of which I don't know, that I moved from another spot in the garden. I bought several more thymes, yesterday, to extend the plantings into the pathway from the patio around the greenhouse.

A nice variegated sedum and geranium "Orion", which here looks a little too blue. I think it's a bit more purple in real life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful--I love all of that contrasting foliage, and the container looks particularly lovely with the burgundy grass. (Is it pennisetum?)

Do you happen to know the name of that variegated sedum, by the way? I got some of it at a master gardener exchange earlier this year but it was just labelled "sedum" and I haven't been able to ID it.

6:24 p.m.  
Blogger Kati said...

It is a penisetum, Zone 9, I think, so I don't expect to overwinter it. As for the sedum, I bought that from a "mastergardener's" spring plant sale, but I can get the name --it will just take me a day or two.

5:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home