Thursday, July 20, 2006

visiting the big city

As I rarely go into the city these days, it was a treat to pop in to IKEA, yesterday. I went in search of several things: inexpensive ideas for window treatments, lamps, tables for the living room, etc. I enjoyed myself immensely. The big solution for a coffee table ended up being one of the little tables which goes very well as a support under this huge piece of glass that I already had.

On the way home, I stopped off to pick up some groceries in Mount Albert. Tootling along through the aisles, I rounded the corner and nearly collided my cart into the cart of a very handsome man. Ah, me...Maybe I should have been more aggressive....I mean assertive... :)

My little table went together like a dream, like I find most IKEA stuff does, and will serve quite nicely as a handsome base for my glass coffee-table.

Oh! I almost forgot. I stopped off at an antique shop along the way and found a wool winder. It's kinda cute.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Can you show a picture of the wool winder? I've never seen one and I can't get a mental picture...

8:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home